According to WHO, depression is the leading cause of ill health and disability worldwide. There are more than 300 million people are now living with depression. Depression is a common mental disorder. Depression is not only about sadness, it cannot recover overnight. Depression requires long-term treatment. It is important to know that not all depression is abnormal, if you have persistent thought or suicide, you should get help right away. 
2. Depressive Disorder Due to Another Medical Condition DSM-5 293.83 (ICD-10-CM Multiple Codes) [Internet]. Couseling & Therapy with Values. Find a Marriage Counselor, Psychologist, or Therapist. [cited 2018 May 2]. Available from: https://www.theravive.com/therapedia/depressive-disorder-due-to-another-medical-condition-dsm--5-293.83-(icd--10--cm-multiple-codes)
3. Sadock BJ, Sadock VA, Pedro Ruiz. Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of phychiatry : behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry. 11th ed. Wolters Kluwer, 2015.
4. Dobson KS, Dozois DJA. Risk Factors in Depression. Elsevier/Academic: Amsterdam, 2008.
5. Mayur Pandya, Murat Altinay, Donald A. Malone, Jr, Amit Anand. Current Psychiatry Report. Where in the Brain Is Depression? 2012; 14: 634-642
6. Ronald S. Duman, Nanxin Li. Aneutrophic hypothesis of depression : role of synaptogenesis in the actions of NMDA receptor antagonists. 2012; 367: 2475-2484.
7. Katzung, B. (2015). Basic & clinical pharmacology. 14th ed. McGraw-Hill Education, p.Chapter 30.
8. Kate Williams, Ian Anderson. Psychotherapy for depression – a review and practical guide. Prescribing in practice, Psychotherapy for depression.2014.
9. Electroconvulsive therapy ( ECT) [Internet]. Mayo Clinic. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2018 [cited 2018 Mar 22]. Available from : https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/electroconvulsive-therapy/about/pac-20393894.
10. Classification of USDA Plants [ Internet]. Plants.usda.gov.2018 [cited 23 March 2018]. Available from: https://plants.usda.gov/java/ClassificationServlet?source=display&classid=CIHY2
11. Globinmed – Citrus hystrixDC (Leaves) [Internet]. Globinmed.com. 2018. Cited 23 April 2018]. Available from :
12. Tanjung WAS , Cinatl J, Michaelis M, Smales CM. Anti-Cancer and Neuroblastoma Cell Lines. Procedia Chemistry 2015;14: 465-468
13. Cytotoxicity and apoptosis induction ny Kaffir Lime leaves extract (Citrus hystrix DC.) In HeLa Cells culture. KnE life sciences. 2017:2(6).
14. Abirami A, Nagarani G, Siddhuraju P. Hepatoprotective effect of leaf extracts from Citrus hystrix and C. maxima against paracetamol induced liver injurt in rats. Food Science and Human Wellness 2015; 4:35-41.
15. Kooltheat N, Kamuthachad L, Anthapanya M, Samakchan N, Sranujit RP, Potup P et.al. Kaffir lime leaves extract inhibits biofilm formation by Streptococcus mutans. Nutrition 2016 ; 32 : 486-490.
16. Kulkarni RV. The Medicinal and Nutritional Role of Underutilized CitrusFruit-Citrus hystrix ( Kaffir Lime) : A Review. Drug Invention Today 2013: 5:1.
17. Soffian MS, Mohamad I, Mohamed Z, Salim R. Antifungal Effect of Kaffir Lime Leaf Extract on Selected Fungal Species of Pathogenic Otomycosis in In vitro Culture Medium. Journal of Young Pharmacists 2017;9 : 468-474.
18. Feitosa CM , Freitas RMD, Silva VL, Araujo LDS, Melo CHSD, Santos FPDS. Citrus : A Perspective for Developing Phytomedicines for Neurodegenerative Diseases. Citrus Pathology 2017.
19. Munish Kumar, Navneet Kaur Randhavs, Sweety Devi. Mini Review Acetylcholinesterase inhibition and phyto-constituents. Research in Pharmacy 2014;4 : 8-15.
20. Lucian Hritcu, et.al. Antidepressant Flavonoids and Their Relationship with Oxidative Stress. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017.
21. Vauzour, D., Vafeiadou, K., Rodriguez-Mateos, A., Rendeiro, C. and Spencer, J. (2008). The neuroprotective potential of flavonoids: a multiplicity of effects. Genes & Nutrition, 3(3-4), pp.115-126.
22. Cai J, et.al. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) attenuates infrasound-induced neuronal impairment by inhibiting microglia-mediated inflammation. J Nutr Biochem 2014; 25: 716-725.
23. Szekeres L. Adrenergic Activators and Inhibitors. Berlin, Heodelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 1980.
24. Mohammad Ali, et.al. Studies of preliminary phytochemical screening, membrane stabilizing activity , thrombolytic activity and in-vitro antioxidant activity of leaf extract of Citrus hystrix. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2015 Jan ; 2(12) : 2367-74.
25. Herbal Medicine [Internet]. Omisconline.org. 2018 [cited 22 March 2018]. Available from : https: //www.omicsonline.org/natural-products/herbal-medicine-review-articles.php.
26. Ekor M. The growing use of herbal medicines : issues relating to adverse reactions and challenges in monitoring safety. Frontiers in Pharmacology 2014;4.
27. Principle of Soxhlet extraction and Experimental Setup of Sohxhlet Extractor- Oleoresins [ Internet]. Oleoresins.melbia.com. 2018 [cited 22 March 2018]. Available from : http://oleoresins.melbia.com/principle-of-soxhlet-extraction-and -experimental-setup.html.
28. Infusion, Decoction, Expression, Maceration ,Percolation [Internet]. 4my0909.blogspot.my.2018 [cited 23 April 2018]. Available from: http://4my0909.blospot.my/
29. Roni Yankelevitc-Yahav, et.al. The Forced Swim Test as a Model of Depressive-like Behavior. J Vis Exp 2015;97.
30. Molendjik ML, Kloet ERD. Immobility in the forced swim test is adaptive and does not reflect depression. Psychoneuroendocrinology 2015;62 : 389-391.
31. Filho CB, Jesse CR, Donato F, Fabbro LD, Gomes MGD, GoesATR et.al. Neurochemical factors associated with the antidepressant-like effect of flavonoid chrysin in chronically stressed mice. European Journal of Phamracology 2016;791: 284-296.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.