PENETRATION OF HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEMES AND THEIR OUTREACH IN TELANGANA
The role of health insurance in the growth of the insurance sector in India is not only significant in terms of market expansion, but also in terms of its contribution to the overall premium growth. According to industry estimates, the share of health insurance premiums in the total premiums collected by policyholders in India has been steadily increasing over the past few years. The study explored the role of health insurance in the growth of the insurance sector in India, including its contribution to premium growth, market expansion, innovation and product development, regulation and policy, and the future outlook. The growth seen in the health insurance sector between 2020-2021, 2021-2022, and 2022-2023 indicates its resilience and adaptability during the COVID-19 pandemic. The rates of growth indicate that the sector successfully met the demand for health insurance coverage, reflecting the sector's recognition of its importance in uncertain times and the increasing importance placed on protecting one's health and financial well-being. Health insurance schemes in Telangana, whether public or private, play a significant role in making healthcare accessible and affordable for the state's population. While the outreach of these schemes has seen commendable progress, continuous efforts are needed to increase coverage, particularly amongst the most vulnerable sections of society. This study focuses on understanding the penetration of Health Insurance Schemes and their outreach in Telangana. This study found that there is a significant difference between various health insurance schemes and their outreach
2. Kaur, R., & Bali, C. (2018). Performance evaluation of health insurance companies in India: A study of select public and private sector companies. International Journal of Health Planning and Management. Vol. 33(3).
3. Kumar, Prabhat, and Saurabh Mishra (2018). "Policyholder Perception of Service Quality in Health Insurance: A Study of Indian Policyholders." Journal of Health Management. Vol. 20 (4), pp. 478-489.
4. Madhavan, V., & Thenmozhi, M. (2018). Comparative performance of public and private general insurance companies in India. International Journal of Business and Management Studies. Vol. 10(2) pp. 97-106.
5. Mayilsamy, R. and Prabhakaran, M (2021). The Perception and Satisfaction of Policyholders towards Health Insurance Policies- A Study in Coimbatore City. EPRA International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research (IJMR) - Peer Reviewed Journal. Vol. 7 (7), pp.4-7.
6. Mishra, P. K., & Singh, D. K. (2018). An empirical study on financial performance of health insurance companies in India. International Journal of Management and Applied Science. Vol. 4(2), pp. 9-14.
7. Vijayaraj. T & Elumoni. D (2021) A Study on Preference and Perception of Health Insurance in LIC Policy. International Journal of Creative Research Thought. Vol. 9 (5) pp.i778-i785.
Copyright (c) 2023 IJO -International Journal of Business Management ( ISSN 2811-2504 )
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Author(s) and co-author(s) jointly and severally represent and warrant that the Article is original with the author(s) and does not infringe any copyright or violate any other right of any third parties and that the Article has not been published elsewhere. Author(s) agree to the terms that the IJO Journal will have the full right to remove the published article on any misconduct found in the published article.